If you have leftover Christmas Cards, and aren’t sure what to do with them, create Christmas gift tags from old Christmas cards!
During the holiday season, making your very own DIY Christmas gift tags is the perfect way to label Christmas gifts. Once you have the wrapping paper, it’s time to add the Christmas tags! You can easily make your own gift tags to label those Christmas presents!
It’s silly to toss all the cards away when they could save you a few bucks on gift tags for next year’s presents. Plus, they can turn out way cuter!
Gift tags are pretty customary to put on a present at Christmastime, what with all those presents mixed together under the Christmas tree! It’s helpful to know who’s present is who, via addressed gift tags.
But, why buy generic gift tags when creating your own is super easy and you can create some adorable, unique gift tags in no time at all, and without paying a penny! It’s a fun craft to get the kids involved in too.
How to Make Christmas Gift Tags from Old Christmas Cards
Materials needed to make gift tags from Christmas Cards
- Stack of old Christmas cards
- pair of scissors
- shape template (I used this sweater one)
- Hole Punch (optional)
- String or Ribbon (optional)
Instructions on how to make gift tags from old Christmas cards
I actually demonstrated how to make Christmas gift tags live for Hometalk last year, so if you are a visual learner, check it out starting at the 5:45 mark!
1. Print off this cute sweater gift tag template from ZakkaLife or another template of your choice (a simple round cup or another traceable object in your home works too) and then cut them out if needed. You really only need one template, unless you have little helpers like I did.
You can also create your own template (or another shape template) by folding a paper in half and drawing half a sweater outline, cutting it, then opening the paper back up.
2. Strategically place the sweater template on your Christmas cards and trace around them.
3. Carefully cut out your template.
4. Repeat on several more cards.
5. (Optional) Punch a small hole at the top of your gift tags and attach a small ribbon or thread so you can attach them to a gift. I didn’t do this as I just tape the top of the tag to the present being gifted, with the tape usually hidden under a big bow.
6. Address the tags, attach to gifts, and enjoy!
What is the best way to use these Christmas gift labels?
These are a great way to make festive gift tags for any type of gift! Add a personal touch to handmade gifts, any last-minute gift ideas, and any holiday gifts on your list.
You can easily make different designs to create that look for your perfect gift. When it comes to gift wrapping, this is the best thing to make different styles!
How can I make a personalized Christmas gift tag really stand out?
Pretty ribbons added to any type of gift tag are always a good idea! You can also add cute fabric scraps or even cookie cutters on top of your gift tags as well to make them really unique and fun! Gift recipients will love getting a homemade gift with any of these Christmas gift tag ideas.
What is a great way to use last year’s Christmas cards?
Using them for gift tags is so much fun! If you love gift tags, why not make your own? The best part is that you don’t have to download anything and you can create a special tag for all the gifts! Fun gift tags are a fun way to make DIY gift tags that bring an amazing personalized touch.
When it comes to holiday gift tags, you really can’t go wrong with this simple tutorial!
Check out my other post for even more great ideas on how to recycle Christmas cards.
Leave a Reply