Want to know the best way of how to clean a glass cooktop? Then you’re in luck! This glass cooktop cleaner is the best thing for a clean glass cooktop with minimal effort!
Keep in mind that cleaning a glass surface or a glass stove top doesn’t have to be hard. You can clean the entire surface and get rid of those stubborn stains and mineral deposits using Bar Keepers Friend cleanser! It’s my favorite stovetop cleaner, and I’ll show you why!
The BEST Way to Clean a Glass Cooktop
The other night, I was cooking up some Cuban food. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love the food itself, but I hate cooking. I also do not enjoy cleaning.
Hate cleaning but love a clean house? Pick up this printable Spring Cleaning Bundle and you'll be able to clean it all without feeling overwhelmed!
If you’ve ever cooked Cuban food from scratch, you know it’s a lot of work. From scratch, you’re going to dirty nearly every cutting board, pot, pan, and utensil you own. And, if you’re not on top of it, the kitchen becomes a citrus, rice, and black bean war zone.
I cheat and buy frozen plantains. But, the truth is, the only thing this saves me from is not selecting the perfect plantains. After the cooking, it’s still a chore to clean with everything else.
My kitchen was a disaster. And, as much as I tried to stay on top of the cleaning, it got away from me. I don’t get to enjoy 100% focus on any one thing, because I’m a mom.
The stove was splattered with coconut oil. Embarrassingly enough, there was burnt on food from a previous night. Not that I couldn’t have found the time to handle it, but I got lazy (as I often do with my homemaking). I just kept cooking on the glass cooktop and letting things continue to burn on it.
On my Cuban food cooking night, I realized I couldn’t let it continue any longer. A regular stove top cleaning wasn’t going to cut it.
I had to bring in some real muscle to clean my glass cooktop.
How to Clean Glass Cooktop
Thankfully, it was easier than I thought it would be thanks to one of my new favorite cleaning products!
Although Bar Keepers Friend has a cooktop cleaner, I specifically chose the Cleanser & Polish to help do the “heavy lifting”, if you will. This was no ordinary mess that I was tackling on my regular housekeeping schedule. When dealing with this much cooked on grease and food, I wasn’t leaving it to chance.
Materials Needed to Clean Glass Cooktop
Instructions on How to Clean Glass Ceramic Cooking Surfaces
Here’s what I did to get a clean glass cooktop, making it look almost new again.
1. Wipe down the top layer of grease and grime with a wet paper towel.
2. Soak a sponge and wring it out all over the cooktop.
3. Sprinkle a small amount of Bar Keepers Friend over the glass cooktop to cover it. Where you have burnt on food or stains on the rings, dump some extra powder.
4. With a damp sponge, begin wiping away at the mess. Give some extra elbow grease to the spots that had more of the powder, knowing these are your trouble spots.
5. When the powder begins to cake on the sponge, take it to the sink and rinse and wring it out.
6. Repeat this process until you’ve removed the majority of the brown spots on the rings and as much of the burnt on food as you can under your own power.
7. Rinse out the sponge and wipe off the cooktop with fresh water.
8. Now, inspect the stove. With your stovetop scraper, scrape away at any remaining spots on the stove. Then, wipe clean with the sponge again.
9. Finally, you may want to polish it up and protect it from the next kitchen disaster. Wipe down your glass cooktop with the cooktop cleaner to give it a finished and new appearance.
Does Bar Keepers Friend Cleaners work?
Though I feel this is more work than most nights would require, I do like my glass stovetop to appear as though I’ve taken better care of it than I have. Generally, I would save this deep clean for once or twice a week, depending on how often I’ve managed to do a quick clean throughout the week. Also, I suppose it depends on how often I’ve been distracted and let things boil over and burn onto to the cooktop.
The good news is, if you’re anything like me and haven’t taken the utmost care of your glass cooktop, this deep clean routine can clean away a good majority of stains you’ve nearly give up hope on. Honestly, if I looked at this stove in someone else’s home, I wouldn’t have a clue it was 4 years old.
Is Bar Keepers Friend abrasive on glass?
It’s not! It can clean stuck-on gunk without much pressure, and you don’t have to worry about scratching the surface of the stove! You can use a soft sponge or a wet sponge to use the bar keepers friend powder cleaner on your kitchen surfaces.
It does a great job of getting rid of food particles without the need for other harsh chemicals. It’s a great way to clean the glass stove top, kitchen sink, and glass stove top.
How do I store Bar Keepers friend cooktop cleaner?
I store my cleaning solution in a small area with my other cleaning supplies. Just keep them out of the reach of the kids!
For more great ways for how to clean with Bar Keepers Friend in the kitchen, check out these posts too:
- How to Clean a Burnt Pot Bottom
- How to Remove Scratches from Your Dinnerware
- How to Make Dirty Stainless Steel Pizza Pans Look like New
- Everything You Wanted to Know About How to Clean Stove Drip Pans
- The BEST Way to Clean Oven Racks
Ivy is a married, sorta crunchy mother of two high-needs kids – fully supporting natural birth, baby wearing, and breastfeeding. But, as a mom realizes life isn’t black and white – we do what we think is best for ourselves and our families and that trumps what anyone thinks is right for us. She offers realistic, honest advice for parents, marriage, and travel at her website SAHM, plus… You can follow her on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram.