We kicked off the Christmas season early this year with a trip to SeaWorld San Antonio the Monday before Thanksgiving, courtesy of the park.
We went to SeaWorld San Antonio at Christmas last year for their SeaWorld Christmas Celebration and I loved it so much I knew I wanted to go back this year. This year was even better in my opinion, and we weren’t even able to get out and see everything (like my favorite – the Shamu show!).
Here is what makes SeaWorld Santonio at Christmas time so magical.
SeaWorld San Antonio at Christmas
Here are some fun facts about SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration:
- SeaWorld San Antonio established itself as the state leader in holiday light displays in 2016 when it more than quadrupled the number of lights in its display from one million to five million.
- This year, in 2018, SeaWorld San Antonio added another one million lights – bringing its total up to nine million – challenging Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which currently holds the title of the largest light display in North America.
- SeaWorld San Antonio’s light display took extensive planning – the parks Entertainment team began preparing lights in June and has been hanging lights since August!
- For the third year, SeaWorld is home to Rudolph and Friends from the classic 1960’s television special “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
- Upholding SeaWorld’s ongoing commitment to conservation, all nine million lights are LED-based, utilizing up to 90 percent less energy than traditional holiday lights.
- Less energy use reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions
- SeaWorld uses solar energy to power portions of the massive display
All the lights truly make the park a dazzling, magical place to be for the holidays! In addition to all the lights, the SeaWorld San Antonio Christmas Celebration features:
- Merry Mariachis – Live music at the entrance to the park
- Christmas Karaoke
- The Story of Christmas sung by an angelic choir
- Nativity scene
- O’ Christmas Tree – Story Telling the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Coca-Cola Lane with holiday shakes, giant cinnamon rolls, and warm holiday cookies
- Christmas themed dining experiences
Plus, most of the regular SeaWorld shows – Clyde and Seamore, Pets Ahoy, Shamu, Beluga – have a fun Christmas theme!
We went to the A Pets Ahoy Christmas show, our first time in the Sea Star Theater for one of these shows. Doves flew right over our head!
SeaWorld Christmas Dining Packages
Dinner with Rudolph and Friends
Enjoy dinner with the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph, along with his friends Clarice, Yukon Cornelius and Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster! You nd your family will enjoy an all-you-can-eat, chef-prepared holiday dinner (complete menu) at a reserved table along with photo opportunities with Rudolph and Friends.
Dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus
You’ll join Santa and Mrs. Claus for a special evening as they invite you into their home and share a meal and a special story. The festive all-you-can-eat holiday dinner features carved turkey, roast beef and sweet roasted ham (complete menu). You’ll also have the opportunity to take photos with Santa himself!
SeaWorld San Antonio Sale
Blue Friday Deals
SeaWorld will have a variety of discounts available through its Blue Friday promotion – the park’s take on the Black Friday shopping phenomenon.
Guests can take advantage of discounts of 25% off on SeaWorld & Aquatica Annual Passes; 40% off animal interaction programs; 50% off on all tours; 30% off on day camps, resident camps and family sleepovers; 30% off on Christmas-themed dining opportunities; and a buy one, get one (BOGO) Free on quick queue and reserved seating. Blue Friday deals will be available beginning Nov. 19.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldSanAntonio.com.
We loved our visit. It truly is a magical place to visit during the holiday season!!