Whether a first-time mom or a second-time mom, I think it is always a wise decision to take the time to set up a baby registry.
Baby registries help not only others know what you want and need, but help you outfit your baby in everything they need for less, because the best baby registry stores offer free baby registry gifts (like coupons, free products, and samples) as well as discounts to buy any items remaining on your list shortly before and after your expected due date.
This can mean great savings on even everyday baby essentials and large items still on your baby list.
I have had seven babies now and am always grateful I take the time to create registries at the top baby registry stores.
Creating a baby registry doesn’t take a lot of time (thankfully), especially if it is not your first baby, as you likely don’t need quite as much the second time around. Spending a few minutes to add baby list items to a few gift registries can mean free products, discounts, coupons, and savings on things you will buy anyway.
If you want to know the best baby registry stores and sites and what they offer in terms of freebies and completion discounts, this is the list!
I recommend registering to at least one store, and taking advantage of the bonuses in order to save money on your newest addition. Then be sure to add all the essential, must-have baby items to your registry list!
Best Baby Registry Stores and Sites
Buybuy Baby Registry
You can create your FREE buybuy Baby registry online or in-store.
In-store offers the benefit of personal help from an expert Registry Consultant with no appointment necessary, though appointments are available and encouraged.
At Buy Buy Baby they offer a Registry Checklist, an online buying guide, a registry favorites page, and a Baby Book which includes inspiration for the nursery, baby must-haves, and tips and advice for baby’s first year.
Regardless of how you create your buybuy Baby registry you will receive a Goody Bag full of great samples and coupons, available for pickup in a store.
With my last pregnancy, when I went in-store to pick up my baby registry goody bag (you have to go in-store to get the bag), the lady was super nice and actually gave me TWO goody bags as I was pregnant with twins! Of all the registry freebies I received, this one had probably the most items in the bag!
You can see all I received in my TikTok video:
Other perks of the buybuyBaby registry are:
- Free shipping for baby’s first year when value of gifts purchased from registry exceeds $1,500 (with exclusions).
- Friend referral program. If you refer a friend who’s pregnant to create a buybuy Baby registry, you’ll be rewarded with $25 off any in-store purchase of $100 or more.
- Baby Registry Completion Discount. Enjoy 15% off remaining registry items! You can use the discount once in-store and once online!
- Price Matching. They accept competitors’ coupons and match competitors’ prices.
- Baby Registry Consultants. You can book an appointment and talk through all things baby gear and supplies with someone who knows all about the latest and greatest products available.
- Hassle-Free Returns. You have up to 180 days after purchase to exchange or return an item (with exceptions). See more.
- Home Delivery & Assembly available.
Some additional pluses of buybuyBaby include their awesome in-store feeding and changing rooms, curbside pickup at all stores, and their new professional styling services from Decorist that will help you create the perfect nursery!
You can register at Buy Buy Baby here.
Amazon Baby Registry
With the largest selection of products available, free 90-day returns on most items, and fast, free shipping on orders $25 or more, Amazon Baby Registry is one of the best baby registry sites.
You can manage your baby registry on any device, whenever, and wherever, you want.
Amazon offers a Welcome Box valued at $35, but you have to meet certain criteria to get one sent to you for free. It’s not automatic!
To receive an Amazon Welcome Box for Baby, you have to sign up for Prime, complete 80% of your registry checklist by adding products from each category (or marking the category as complete), and then you or a friend have to make a $10 purchase from your registry.
After all of that is complete, you’ll receive your reward and will need to “purchase” the Welcome Box (it will now be free and not $35).
I received my Amazon Welcome Box, and I have to say, I wasn’t all that impressed, especially given that it’s supposed to be valued at $35 and you have to jump through more hoops to receive one. But, there are some good baby items in the box and it is free, so I enjoyed it all the same and am thankful for it!
A perk of becoming an Amazon Prime member, if you aren’t already is that you can save 20% on diapers and more baby essentials thanks to Amazon Family. You’ll need to do Subscribe & Save on diaper and wipes for the big savings.
Amazon Baby Registry also offers a 15% Off Completion Discount on eligible items (you’ll get 10% discount if you’re not a Prime Member). Discount can be used on up to two orders up to $2000.00 US dollars combined value. It’s usable up to 60 days after your expected arrival date.
Other perks of the Amazon Baby Registry include:
- Diaper Fund. This allows friends and family to contribute any amount up to $550 in total, towards diapers.
- Universal Registry. You can add products from any website to your Baby Registry with Amazon Assistant.
- 365-Day Returns. Return items 365 days from receipt of shipment.
- Prime Member Limited Time Offers. Prime members are eligible for additional rotating limited time offers.
- Sweepstakes. If available, you can enter for a chance to win various baby-related sweepstakes.
Target Baby Registry
Target is a top baby registry store because they have a great selection of baby products and frequently run great deals on baby furniture, diapers, and other supplies through sales, gift card deals, Circle savings, and store coupons.
So be sure to create a Target baby registry!
It’s very easy to create, manage and share your Target baby registry from the Target Registry App too.
One of the perks of a Target Baby Registry is the free welcome Target baby gift bag! You have to go in-store to pick up your free bag (and the first store I went to was totally out and had been for months – the second store had one for me). They say the free welcome kit has over $80 worth of coupons and samples for you + baby (not true – see below).
You can see what I received in my bag in my cute little TikTok video:
Note: Unlike buybuy Baby, they did not give me a second bag when I mentioned I was having two babies, nor did it have as many freebies and samples as buybuy Baby or Amazon. 😫
Target also offers a 15% off Completion Discount. You can use it once in-stores and once online and have 6 months after your expected due date to use the discounts on items left on your registry.
Other perks of the Target Baby Registry are:
- Free Shipping on online orders over $35.
- Hassle-Free Returns. You have one year to make returns after due date.
- Universal Registry. Use their bookmarks bar extension button and easily add items from other websites to your Target baby registry.
- Group Gifting. Let friends and family contribute smaller funds toward bigger purchases.
- 5% Off Subscribe & Save Items. Get free shipping and 5% off every order and an extra 5% with your Target RedCard on things like diapers, formula, wipes, and more.
Walmart Baby Registry
One of the great things about Walmart is that they are everywhere, which means more people have the ability to shop from your Walmart baby registry in store, should they want or need to.
You can also register for a large selection of items throughout the store that you may want or need that are outside of the baby department, like blackout curtains to help your baby sleep through the night, or even your favorite laundry detergent.
Plus, Walmart really does have every day low prices so chances are high you’ll be saving money shopping there for your baby needs, especially if the item isn’t labeled “baby” like a humidifier.
When you use the Walmart App, you can easily register items as you browse the store by scanning an item’s UPC barcode. Otherwise, you can browse through thousands of great products online and add them to your baby registry list.
Other perks of the Walmart Baby Registry include:
- 1-Year Free Returns.
- Next-Day Delivery available on eligible orders of $35+
- Professional Furniture Assembly.
- Virtual Registry Assistant from their “Hoo” owl.
- Free In-Store and Curbside Pickup
However, unlike other top baby registry stores, Walmart does NOT offer a baby registry completion discount!
No matter where you register, or whether you are a first, second, or third time mom, set up a baby registry! All of the above baby stores offer free samples and baby products just for creating the registries, and many offer additional savings and benefits on items you do add to your baby registry list.
Now head over to my post of must-have baby essentials to see what you REALLY need for a newborn (and a few things that are actually quite optional).