Download an ultimate kitchen cleaning checklist for daily, weekly, monthly, and deep spring cleaning. This post is sponsored by Bar Keepers Friend. All opinions are my own.
The kitchen is the center of the home. You cook meals in it three times a day, entertain there, have snacks and desserts there. You load groceries there, stock pantries, and otherwise use the kitchen all day long (especially if you homeschool and work-from-home like our family does).
The kitchen then, unsurprisingly, gets dirty quickly and frequently.
Hate cleaning but love a clean house? Pick up this printable Spring Cleaning Bundle and you'll be able to clean it all without feeling overwhelmed!
This annoyingly means you have to clean your kitchen then multiple times a day, especially if you like to cook or bake or have a big family.
Plus, food residue and spills can be hard to remove. Burns and discolorations and accumulation of grime are hard to fight.
It can be very, very easy to let the dishes pile up in the sink and instead order takeout, use throwaway serving dishes and utensils, and feel totally overwhelmed and disgusted by the state of your kitchen.
RELATED: 3 Simple Ways to Live Greener
It sucks and I’m sorry that you have to clean your kitchen. But, it really, really is super important that you take the time to clean your kitchen and do it regularly, like every single day, at least once a day, preferably at the end of the day, but whenever you make time for it works.
I make sure my kitchen sink is empty, dishwasher loaded and wash started, pots and pans washed and drying, counters wiped, packages and food stowed away to their respective homes, stovetop wiped down, floors swept, and the table cleared off.
Doing all those things before I go to bed ensures that I will start the next day with a clean slate, a clean kitchen to wake up to and get my breakfast in.
Waking up to a nasty, messy, dirty, cluttered kitchen starts my day off on the wrong foot, leads to more dishes getting broken, and having to scrub dishes first thing in the morning when you are starving and just want to eat already.
I know this is true because I used to live that way, and it wasn’t pretty.
RELATED: How to Get Motivated to Clean When Overwhelmed by Mess
I want to help you clean your kitchen and feel like you can handle it, so I’ve created an organized kitchen cleaning checklist.
Because I don’t want you to be overwhelmed by ALL the little things and big things to clean in your kitchen, I broke down my recommendations for what to clean in your kitchen when.
You can totally disagree with me on how often things need to be cleaned in your home – that’s totally okay! Just edit your kitchen cleaning checklist to fit your personal needs, family, cooking habits, and so on.
I’ve also included a bonus “deep cleaning” checklist which you can do at anytime during the year, but would likely be good to do at least twice a year, perhaps in the Spring and the Fall. You can also tackle one of these a month if you’d like.
I have also linked to many of my cleaning tutorials for these various items (or tips for doing it). Many of these kitchen cleaning jobs can be tackled by using various Bar Keepers Friend products!
I made a video to show you all the amazing things you can clean in your kitchen using Bar Keepers Friend that you can watch below:
You can find out where to buy Bar Keepers Friend products near you on their website. Or you can buy Bar Keepers Friend products from their Amazon store. I recommend getting the following:
- Bar Keepers Friend Powdered Cleanser
- Cookware Cleanser & Polish
- Soft Cleanser Liquid (pack with DishFish scrubbers)
- Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
- Granite & Stone Cleaner & Polish
- Coffee Maker Cleaner
- Coffee Maker Descaler
- Multipurpose Cooktop Cleaner (kit with DishFish)
You can learn more about Bar Keepers Friend ingredients as well as even more Bar Keepers Friend uses on my site too!
Daily Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Load dishwasher
- Run dishwasher
- Put away dishes
- Wash all pots and pans by hand and put away
- Wipe down kitchen counters
- Throw away empty packaging or containers
- Put away food and other supplies
- Wipe down stovetop (here’s how to clean
- Sweep floor
- Clear off the dining table and wipe down
- Pack up leftovers and store in the fridge
- Take out the trash and recycling
- Clean inside of the sink (how to clean copper sink)
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Mop the Floor
- Wash all kitchen towels and cloths
- Clean inside of the microwave
- Clean coffee maker (how to clean a Keurig)
- Assess leftovers, tossing old/expired foods
Monthly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Wipe down outside of kitchen appliances
- Empty inside of the toaster
- Deep Clean Pots and Pans
- Wipe down kitchen cabinet faces
- Deep clean kitchen stovetop (gas stove cleaning tutorial, glass cooktop cleaning tutorial, drip pan cleaning tutorial)
- Organize drawers and cabinets and pantry
- Clean/Deodorize garbage disposal
- Clean fridge water dispenser
- Clean the fridge
Deep Cleaning Kitchen Checklist
- Clean Oven
- Clean Oven Racks
- Clean various kitchen appliances like Instant Pot, crockpot, air fryer, mixers, etc
- Clean garbage can bins
- Remove scratches from dinnerware
- Polish dining tables and chairs
- Clean the deep freezer
- Organize your deep chest freezer
- Clean the fridge and freezer
- Change the fridge water filter
- Clean the stove vent hood and filter
- Wipe down inside of drawers
- Wipe down inside of cabinets and shelves
- Remove cloudy film on cups
- Clean inside of your dishwasher
Download your own Kitchen Cleaning Checklist and get a 14-day cleaning challenge to go along with it by subscribing in the box below or clicking here:
If you love cleaning tutorials, be sure to pick up a copy of my cleaning ebook “Speed Clean the Deep Clean” and check out these other great kitchen cleaning tutorials:
Linda Mia says
Thanks for the printable! It’s not spring but fall cleaning is a good time as any while we prepare for Thanksgiving gatherings. I totally need to do this! Deep cleaning is not my strong point, so it will be so nice to work through this list this week!